Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's been awhile...

Gee, I haven't posted in ages. Hmmm...

First, I want to send a shout-out to my Boppa Pearson. Love you, Boppa!

I made my first batch of shortbread ever this year and I was really pleased with it. There have been no complaints thus far...whew!









On a recent trip to Chapter's, I located knit coffee mug/thermos warmers. Expensive! Although I am not a knitter and my Nana has shown me how to knit with no luck (way too many times to mention), I knit (with Nana's help!) my own...for FREE!










The buttons are a little off, but it makes it rustic looking. No?

In other news: I nominated my Grump Smith to model for this fab website, a project of a Hamilton photographer. Grump seems keen and I think it's amazing. Since Grump is a true Hamiltonian, born downtown, I think it's important to honour his life here. If Grump goes through with the project, I will keep you posted.

I love wine. Quite a bit, actually. I thoroughly love Thirty Bench. This small winery is located in Beamsville and the wine, the people the work there and the view from this place have my heart. The Riesling is the talk of the region and one sip will tell you why. Trev and I ventured there last Sunday on a whim. Normally, I pick up the 2007 Riesling, but we were invited to try the 2006 and 2005. Wow! What a difference a year makes! You must take a trip and taste for yourself! Yum!

My step-mummy (a.k.a. Carol, M2) was kind enough to scan photos of my Mum & Dad's dog, Lasha. Lasha has been gone for years and years, but she held a very special place in the hearts of the Switzer family. What I cannot get over, is how much she looks like Trev and I's dog, Cecilia. Lasha sports a white diamond on her chest, where Cecilia is all black (save for her greying muzzle...*sniff*). Check it out:

Lasha...













Cecilia...











I hope everyone is geared up for the holidays! I know I am...I cannot wait to see all of my family...
What are you doing for your holidays?

No comments: