Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Excitement...

2009 has begun and although it started off with a good ol' dose of the 36-hour flu, things are in full swing!

In 3 weeks, Trev and I will be off to the Dominican for a week long vacation. Very much looking forward to the sun, fun and having quality time spent with Trevor.

Trevor is in Newfoundland this week. As you may or may not know, Trev's job shuttles him here and there and the first four weeks of January meant that a ton of installations were to be done on the East Coast. Thankfully, Trev only has to complete one week. So far, he has said that Newfoundland is incredible, but he experienced the worst driving conditions he has ever encountered in his life in between Gander and St. John's. Eeeks. To top it off, his first night there he came across a moose on the side of the road, so add this to drifts coming every way possible and white-out upon white-out and this would equal to the most terrifying drive I can only imagine. Thankfully, he is staying put in St. John's for the rest of the week. Phew!

I am in the midst of a project: dyeing an old duvet cover that I accidentally washed with a red sweater. The duvet was white. Whoops! So, I have dyed it black and am going to lay it out and design a sparrow/branch motif on it. I will update the blog with a before and after when completed!

Next week, I am participating in Colour Week! Leya at Curious Bird is hosting this blog event! Essentially, each day of next week is dedicated to a colour and you are to post pictures of said colour on your blog. It's crafty, inspiring and a host of other artsy bloggers participate. I am excited for my very first Colour Week! Thanks, Leya!

I hope everyone is enjoying the New Year thus far. I am off to check the dyeing process...


Oh, before I go... a shout out to my Aunt Kerry who is in Memphis, Tennessee this month for work. Love and miss you! And now I leave you with some photos from the past week...









...is where the heart is...






...Pa Goddard's project! Coming along very nicely, I may add!

No comments: