Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cavities a Plenty?

Mmmm...peanut butter butterscotch marshmallow squares. Delightful.

They popped into my mind unexpectedly today and I could not shake them out, so I am digging out the double boiler tomorrow and calling it an early Christmas ('cause I really do associate these with Christmas, but whatever right?).


photo courtesy of Only Here for the Food

Make some, too!:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 12 oz butterscotch chips
  • 3 cups miniature marshmallows

Mix butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips in a double boiler just till melted, then remove from heat. Place 3 cups miniature marshmallows in a buttered pan and spread on warm mixture. Save a few chips and marshmallows to decorate the top, or be generous and add extra. Cut in squares when cool.

Nom, nom, nom.

Cheers!
a

2 comments:

me melodia said...

mmmmm.
So not appropriate to look at this right before my 3:30 snack break. My mouth is already watering.

ohm btw: I do plan to show house pix and my treasure wall soon. I have so many things to scratch off the list.
figuring out html for a new blog look and satisfying my sweet tooth have taken rank.

Modern Crush said...

Looks easy and amazing! I may have to add these to my Christmas candies list - we try to bake yummy things like fudge and candies and cookies as Christmas gifts for neighbors and friends, this would be a perfect addition! Who doesn't love this combination?!