In the coyote's favour:
- they keep the rodent population down
- as our cities/towns keep growing where are they really supposed to go?
- people continuously feed them and wonder why they hang out on their decks, by their front doors or walk up to humans as they are going from house to vehicle (as was the case
- they are prone to rabies (which scares the bejeezus outta me!)
- without the feeding by humans, coyotes are already becoming at home with people, in general
- when in their pack, they also scare the bejeezus outta me
In Ontario, we have the Ministry of Natural Resources that governs these types of situations and it's not much of a government. The law says that the Ministry cannot relocate the animal for more than 1 kilometre. A coyote's average range, from their den, is approximately 10 kilometres. Hmmm...
In unrelated news: after much procrastination, I finally completed our tax returns today! Yay! What a freakin' relief. I hate taxes because we pay too much already.
Tonight will be involving a beer and the chopping off of two pairs of jeans that will become capris/Bermuda shorts!