Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reasons for my lack of blogging...


So, I haven't been blogging a whole lot lately. We have a wee issue. We have skunks. Oh, and raccoons. Skunks have made a nice little home under our lower deck. I must state that we did not build the deck and if we did, I can pretty much assure you that it would have been wildlife-proof. The pics above show some of the blatant areas of entry/exit for our neighbourhood critters. This first is a space between the house and the wall of the upper deck. The upper deck is pretty solid, aside from this gap and two large spaces between our hot tub and the deck wall. The second pic clearly shows the opening, all the way around, that our furry pests naturally gravitated to.
What to do? Well, we have sent out for quote on the humane removal, trenching and installation of galvanized wire to be put in all of the troublesome areas. There is a company in Hamilton that does it all and I have been initially told that it will cost from $325.00 to over $1000.00. Good times.
Some people have said "put a live trap out". Yes, but what do I do with a skunk? I believe this is a job for the professionals. They don't make the big bucks for nothing! I'll be sure to post the progress of this fun situation.
In other news, I am down to four day work weeks due to our lovely economic climate. I am okay with it because I have tons to do around the house and what not. What can you do, right? Thankfully, my days off are attached to weekends.
I hope all is well out there in blogland!
a

No comments: