I do not bake. If I do, it's straight out of a box. But these banana (bread) muffins are sooooo easy.
And I am all about easy.
After a hankering (I hate that word...hankering...but we'll use it here once) for banana bread last week and finding myself without a loaf pan, I made banana bread muffins instead. Without nuts.
(Get in ma belly!)
They are so moist and delish. And they are especially super fine warmed up with butter. Almost orgasmic.
Here's the 411 on these treats...
What you'll require:
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed (I used a potato masher...worked wonderfully!)
- 1/3 of a cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
How to make 'em...
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- The recipe indicated that there is no need for a mixer...I disagree, but it is certainly do-able. I got the ol' electric mixer out.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix it in
- All the flour at the very last...mix away
- You can then spoon into a muffin tray (makes about a dozen...I filled them full) or a 4x8 inch loaf pan
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes for muffins or for 1 hour in the loaf pan
- Cool on a rack