Someone lit a fire under my bum.
I've been getting that excitement that comes with spring. The craving for colour, freshness and my usual happy demeanour. Winter, especially in the past few years, has really dampened my spirit. I am becoming more and more susceptible to the grey days and damp, cold air despite my desperate attempts to turn it around by involving myself in projects that inspire. This has been an especially l-o-n-g winter, but Nat's arrival has definitely brought one heck of a spark to what would be a dreary season.
This past week I found myself shucking my procrastinating ways and got to some spring cleaning. I know that if I complete one task, others will follow. And I have been purging and organizing like nobody's business. How do you do this with a baby? Well, thankfully my babes likes to watch me flit from task while I show her what I am doing. I give play by plays like a sports commentator. And she likes it! Funny kid.
I revamped my closet. Being a bit of a clotheshorse and a bag/shoe fiend, I needed a serious edit. Although I didn't purge a whole lot, I did rearrange and organize my entire wardrobe. It felt like Christmas, finding things I forgot I had. Regardless of the piles of clothing I already have, I need a thrifting expedition in a big bad way.
Here are some of my recent inspirations (in no particular order!)...
1. Colour a la Kate Spade. Delicious.
2. The simple beauty of any Sulu piece. Susan's jewels are exquisite. I only own one piece of hers and
I need more...note to self.
3. Wooden platform sandals. Love. Them. But not too high...I'll break my neck.
4. The handbag I have always wanted. As a former Roots employee, I know the quality in this baby...
8. My own craft room and supply box. I need to create!
What's inspiring you?
Cheers and have a happy weekend,