Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Conglomeration Post...

Well, howdy! 

Hope you're all enjoying the summer, now that the warmer weather is now upon us.  Trev, Nat and I are certainly soaking up our first summer together as a family of 3. 
What was life like before we were a trio? 
I can't even imagine it...

So, Nat is now 7 months and 3 days old now.  Yep, I can't believe it either.  I took these on Sunday...the eve of her 7 month milestone...





We are sooooo lucky to have a happy-go-lucky babes who has such a lust for life.  We are constantly amazed at how bright she is and I am not just saying that because she's our kid.  Nothing gets by this girl!  :-)

I have been making baby food and actually enjoying it.  I totally bit on buying the Baby Bullet and am happy that I did.  My puree manufacturing has also led to other cooking pursuits, one of which I will share with you because it's really a super snack with an ice cold beer on your sunny deck/porch/what-have-you:

Sweet & Spicy Almonds

First, mix the following in a small bowl:
  • 1 tbsp of white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
Then, in a large frying pan or skillet, on medium, heat up:
  • 2 tbsp of EVOO
Once heated, add:
  • 2 cups of blanched white almonds
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
Toss to coat.  Then, keep stirring constantly, as almonds can burn instantly.  When sugar and almonds are a deep golden brown colour, pour into a large bowl and toss with the spice mixture.  Pour onto a cookie sheet and then...enjoy!

Cheers!
a


8 comments:

sonrie said...

good to see you here again! I love her baby rolls and her sweet smile! Good job mama :)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Nat is adorable- what a great smile she has-
That almond recipe sounds divine!
Glad you are enjoying your summer.

Kara said...

Love the first pic! Missing you guys. Will see you soon though!

tosha said...

fat baby foots... yum. <3

Tangerine-Tane said...

All those pics are cool... I would buy them too, if I had the money!!

Criss T said...

I bet the recipe would be great with pecans, too. Can't wait to try.

thexistentialist said...

http://thexistentialist-existentialthoughts.blogspot.com/

Karina D'Aunoy (Peaceful Sun) said...

How wonderful, I love your blog, it's so creative and HUMAN....I love humaness Please connect to mine as well if you would like