Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF & Random Views...

Partridge Pete
My Grandpa Switzer's RCMP equipment: holster, bullet case, lanyards, leather strapping and saddle stirrup.

My new baby! I have had my eye on this teapot at Ten Thousand Villages. I have discovered recently that I have an eye for things that have koi fish on them. Koi fish and dragonflies...two favourite motifs.
A basket from JYSK for $2.49.

If you come to Beamsville, Ontario, Canada: go here. Thirty Bench Wine Makers is amazing. They make one of the best Riesling's in the Niagara Region.
I love handbags.

Home is where the heart is. It really is.

Since it's -26C outside with the windchill, I'll be damned if I am going anywhere. I am hunkered down in the house, waiting for my husband to wrap up yet another late night of working. I threw another comforter on the bed, so that I can avoid sleeping in a t-shirt, sweatpants, a hoodie and socks. Our house is a tad on the cool side. Since we have mainly radiant heat, it's not like a newer home with a blasting furnace. And I actually appreciate it. My skin has not been nearly as dry as it was in our previous home in Rossmore.
On the crafty front...I have not been working on any projects, like I had hoped I would be. But, I did take a step forward and write all of the projects I want to do...in large format! Some things in mind...cute pincushions, a refresh of these funky wooden stars I bought a year ago, an overhaul on the "A" wooden initial that we all have at work, and a host of other projects. I also need to mend two pairs of great jeans and fix a hole in a pair of pants. And really, I think this is all going to wait until after vacation. Yes, I think it is.
Before I cuddle with a glass of white zinfandel, I would like to say thank you to Stephanie Crechiola for lending me the 3rd and 4th seasons of the Gilmore Girls. You have no idea how happy this makes me!
Also, a big wow to the hero pilot that landed the Airbus airliner in New York on the Hudson River. I really hope he's our pilot on the 24th and the 31st. I hate flying.
Have a remarkable weekend...
a

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm no good with the conversion from celsius to farenheit, but it 's freakin freezin here too. Stay cozy!

Jeff said...

Enjoying your photography.
Great shots!
Keep shooting.
Jeff