Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daily Ritual :: Saving Face


I am not a make-up girl.  I would be what I would call a wannabe make-up girl.  I love to see others in make-up and have always wished I had the talent.  But then, when it really comes down to it, I really don't enjoy taking the time to put it on. 

My daily ritual is a shower, scrub the ol' face with some Burt's Bees, apply some Green Beaver facial moisturizer, a sweep on Benefit Dandelion Brightening Powder and a dab of Benefit Benetint on cheeks and lips.  Finish off with a curl of the lashes and done.  My goal is to look like I ran 5kms on a cold day!

What are your daily rituals?  To play along, grab your camera and be sure to let me know if you're up for the challenge because I'll give you some link love!  My daily ritual project is inspired by Leya at the awesome Curious Bird!

Cheers!
a

6 comments:

Kara D said...

My goal is to look like I woke up and am not sleepy for the day. I wash my face, forget the make-up and make sure the sleep is out of my eyes!!! Now that my hair is short...I do wash, dry and style with pomade. I buy whatever is on sale with a preference for products that are natural or green. ;)

Jordyn said...

The only things I need to get ready are my chi straightener and my mascara. I love big lashes! But when I'm going out for a night, that's when my red lipstick comes into play and I go all out on hair and make up. It makes me feel glamorous :)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I love the Benifit- although lately I've been using the rouge gel by Balmshell a Toronto based cosmetics company- I'm very minimalist too!

Modern Crush said...

Sadly, I am one of those. Those girls that dont leave the house without makeup. I am just too self conscious! And I always feel like my skin needs covering up. Years of stupid Proactiv Solution have left my skin prone to redness and unevenness. LAME.

I LOVE Bare Minerals and plan to use it for the rest of my life. I have always wanted to get bene tint. I use their LemonAid and love it. I dont wear a ton of makeup, but I have to put some on!

WWJnD? said...

Love the suitcase!!!!!!!!

WWJnD? said...

FYI In Toronto Sun today:

One product, Benefit Benetint Pocket Pal (Red Tint) lip gloss, contained seven of the eight metals tested for, and contained more than 10 times the lead limit in cosmetics set out in a draft Health Canada guideline.

I'm actually allergic to this product .. maybe why ...